Why not organise a school visit to the Kiwi House & Native Bird Park?
- It's engaging and fun – there’s always something new to discover!
- You'll learn how we help with the conservation of New Zealand's amazing native birds and reptiles
- Lessons are followed by activities within the Park
- We guarantee that all students will see a Kiwi bird.
Visit the Otorohanga Kiwi House and immerse your students in New Zealand's unique natural history.
During your visit students can:
- Investigate how New Zealand's native animals are suited to their particular habitat and how they respond to environmental changes
- Explore how living things have changed over long periods of time and appreciate that some living things in New Zealand are very different from living things in other areas of the world
- Observe life processes common to all living things and investigate how these processes occur in different ways.
Combine your Kiwi House visit with a walk through downtown Otorohanga (just 5 minutes away):
- See the Kiwiana displays in the Ed Hillary Walkway
- Check out the corrugated-iron kiwi sculptures at the entrances to the town
- View Kiwiana murals along the main street
- Meet the town mascot
Wiki the Kiwiand complete the "Kiwiana Quiz".
School visits to the Otorohanga Kiwi House are organised by the Waitomo Education Service. They employ a full time educator to co-ordinate your entire 'Learning Experience Outside The Classroom' (LEOTC) programme. They also negotiate the best local prices for activities, accommodation and lessons.
Tailored programmes are developed in consultation with the visiting teacher to meet specific learning outcomes for NZ primary, intermediate and secondary students. The Waitomo Education Service regularly prepares programmes covering the Sciences, Social Sciences, History, Geography, and Tourism for all schools visiting the region.
SCHOOL TRIP ENTRY FEE: $3.00 per person
(Children & Accompanying Adults)
Teachers are FREE
Once you have made your booking, the Waitomo Education Service will email you confirmation of your programme including:
- Pre-visit form (please complete and return prior to visit)
- Programme timetable
- Payment method
- Risk Assessment and Management (RAM) forms
- Student Activities Workbook*
- Teacher Resource Book*.
[*available on request]